Re: Iptables question(s)

Hi

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 08:22:22AM -0600, Stefan Srdic wrote:
> Michael Wood wrote:
>
> > Check the pump manpage (as per my message last week.)
[snip]

> I've tried using the "script" option in /etc/pump.conf several
> times and it doesnt seem to work.
>
> Basically, pump.conf looks like this:
>

> domainsearch "telusplanet.net telus.net"
> retries 3
> timeout 15
>
> device eth0 {
>         nodns
> }
>
> script /etc/network/netfilter

I've not actually done the run-script-from-pump thing, but how
about putting the "script" thing in the "device eth0" block?

> After I modified /etc/pump.conf I edited the permissions of
> /etc/network/netfilter so that only root could read/write and
> execute while users and groups could only read the file.
> (-rwxr--r--). Then I cleared all Netfilter policies and ran
> pump -i eth0. After my ethernet device was configured via DHCP
> I did "iptables -L" and none of my rules where present!!
>
> Any idea on whats going on here>?

Unfortunately, I can't easily test this at the moment.

--
Michael Wood        | Tel: +27 21 762 0276 | http://www.kingsley.co.za/
wood@kingsley.co.za | Fax: +27 21 761 9930 | Kingsley Technologies