Re: Iptables question(s)

Michael Wood wrote:

> Check the pump manpage (as per my message last week.)
>
> --
> Michael Wood        | Tel: +27 21 762 0276 | http://www.kingsley.co.za/
> wood@kingsley.co.za | Fax: +27 21 761 9930 | Kingsley Technologies

I've tried using the "script" option in /etc/pump.conf several times and it
doesnt seem to work.

Basically, pump.conf looks like this:

domainsearch "telusplanet.net telus.net"
retries 3
timeout 15

device eth0 {
        nodns
}

script /etc/network/netfilter

After I modified /etc/pump.conf I edited the permissions of
/etc/network/netfilter so that only root could read/write and execute while
users and groups could only read the file. (-rwxr--r--). Then I cleared all
Netfilter policies and ran pump -i eth0. After my ethernet device was configured
via DHCP I did "iptables -L" and none of my rules where present!!

Any idea on whats going on here>?

Stef