Re: [users] MAC -> IP?

If you really catch traffic destinated to other hosts, then other people connected will have the same problem ie :
   - some people will be able to *sniff* your traffic :-(
   - your bandwith will depends on other people.
   - You'll be able to spoof packets on the Internet

god!

IMHO, your cable company has a badly designed network. I have a cable
modem as well, and it filters out all of the traffic which is not sent
to my IP address.

That is true. However, it seems like a good idea to filter that way. Will
this do the job?
iptables -P INPUT DROP
iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -d ! 212.127.242.126 -j DROP

as the first rule of the input chain (and after that a dozen other rules)?

I am no hero when it comes to iptables (still a bit newbie) and it is a
bad thing when you think a firewall works when it does not.

Thanks,
Sebastiaan