Re: [users] MAC -> IP?

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Sebastiaan wrote:

> > IMHO, your cable company has a badly designed network. I have a cable
> > modem as well, and it filters out all of the traffic which is not sent
> > to my IP address.
>
> That is true. However, it seems like a good idea to filter that way. Will
> this do the job?
> iptables -P INPUT DROP
> iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -d ! 212.127.242.126 -j DROP
>
> as the first rule of the input chain (and after that a dozen other rules)?

Assuming that:

a) eth0 is the external interface; and

b) the given IP address is the one which your Cable provider believes is
your IP address, then I don't see why it shouldn't.  Of course, there's
liable to be a really obvious thing missing... <g>

#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer
mjp16@ieee.uow.edu.au