Re: Adding a 2nd NIC to create a DMZ

My firewall machine currently has just one NIC with the driver installed
when I originally installed Debian using dbootstrap.  I don't understand
what that means about how the driver is installed on the system.
Perhaps you could enlighten me?

I almost certainly won't use the same type of NIC for the 2nd card.

So, if I put the second card in, I presume the names of the devices are
set by the order the modules are loaded.  This is where I reach the
limit of my knowledge.  How do I install the driver for the second card
and ensure that the machine knows the card is there?

TIA

Mike