Re: Building Debian firewall

On Sun, May 27, 2001 at 11:32:27AM -0700, Kirk Schroeder wrote:
> On Sat, May 26, 2001 at 11:03:47PM -0400, Ed Street wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > sounds all good BUT I would *STRONGLY* recomend you do *NOT*, I repeat, do
> > *NOT* use reiserFS on a firewall box.  My boxes are potato with minimal
> > packages installed.  I wrote my own script using iptables and other usefull
> > packages.

Sorry, I've missed this mail and it's not in the archives yet so you
might have explained this, but why not use Reiserfs? I consider it great
for firewalls, as the probability of a succesfull boot after a power out
is much higher then with ext2.

--
	Casper Gielen
casper@huiscomputer.homeip.net, capslock2000@mailandnews.com