Building Debian firewall

Hello,
I would like to build a debian firewall on a 486 machine. I would like
to use the new 2.4 kernel with iptables and the reiserfs. Has anyone
done this setup yet? If you have can you point me in the right direction
on obtaining the right distribution (potato, woody, sid). I would be
greatfull. I would be great to see a debian-firewall distribution or a
script to help people setup up a secure Debian firewall. I have seen
commercial versions based on Debian (Storm firewall) and other based on
Redhat (bastille,openwall) but none on debian. If I know more and had my
time maby I would start my own version :)

Kirk Schroeder