Re: Debian equivalent of rc.firewall??

On Fri, Dec 22, 2000 at 01:07:34AM -0700, Stefan Srdic wrote:
> I've just recently switched distros from Mandrake to Debain, I started
> out with Mandrake because I wanted to learn some fundementals before
> expanding to a "true" Linux distribution.

:)

> Now, in Debain, I'm having trouble in finding out which rc*.d directory
> I should insert my script and what to name it. I read through the IP
> Masq HOW-TO but it seems to be RedHat biased.

/etc/init.d/README
/usr/doc/sysvinit/README.runlevels.gz
man update-rc.d

> Where would I insert my Masq/Firewall scripts and how would I get them
> to be read at boot-time?

Basically, copy the script to /etc/init.d/, name it "fw", "firewall" or
something you like and then run update-rc.d over it.

update-rc.d creates the symbolic links from /etc/rc.d/rc[0-6S]/ to the
actual script, which should be placed in /etc/init.d/.

That's how I did it, anyway.
Be sure to check out the mentioned docs.

HTH
Sven