Newbie, someone have how-to on from-scratch Debian firewall?

Howdy,

Does someone have some notes to share on a from-scratch install of Debian
for firewall purposes?  For those that don't know Debian install and barely
know Linux? I know this may be asking a lot, but I'm sure that I'm not the
only one who would benefit.

I'm talking a basic two-ethernet one-subnet firewall on a dedicated Debian
box using the latest Debian installed from a CD-ROM.

If there isn't such a beast... I'm willing to start one.  However, I need
someone to feed me steps.  Starting with... if you wanted to keep the system
to a size that could be imaged to CD-ROM (backup)... how would you partition
600MB hard disk?  What packages should be installed?

Thanks.

  Stephen Gutknecht
  Renton, Washington
  main email mailto:Stephen@i405.com