Re: ipchains rules to allow ICQ through for MASQ client?

On Fri, Aug 11, 2000 at 02:30:43PM -0500, Fire Dragon wrote:
> I'm looking for some rules to allow ICQ through a Masq/Firewall machine. I
> think there was a mention of a ip_masq_icq module on Freshmeat once a while
> back but I'm not sure.

I saw something on the Icq site sometime ago when I looked.
There they specify the necessary ports to be opened.

> Does anyone have any rules that work or pointers to more information on the
> ICQ protocol itself?

Well, I don't. Have you placed a search on google.com yet?

> Specifically I'm trying to get LICQ working from behind the Masq/Firewall.

I don't suppose this makes a difference?

Luck
Sven
--
"{sum += $2} END {print sum}", said Tom awkwardly.