Re: ipchains rules to allow ICQ through for MASQ client?

> On Fri, Aug 11, 2000 at 02:30:43PM -0500, Fire Dragon wrote:
> > I'm looking for some rules to allow ICQ through a Masq/Firewall machine. I
> > think there was a mention of a ip_masq_icq module on Freshmeat once a while
> > back but I'm not sure.
>
> I saw something on the Icq site sometime ago when I looked.
> There they specify the necessary ports to be opened.

I currently use the IP_MASQ_ICQ module.  I have never tried chat or file
transfer, but messages seem to work well.

Otherwise, I think you have to open a range of ports and tell the ICQ
client what ports to use through the firewall.

--
John B. Kramer
jbkramer@mad.scientist.com