Re: CDs for LWE (was Re: booth schedules)

Adam Di Carlo writes...

> Lets plan to sell them for $1 anyhow and see what our rate is per day.
> Depending on turnout we might have *no* problem selling 1300 i386 3.0
> CDs at $1 per pop and that money I'm sure would be useful for Debian's
> coffers.

Yeah.

BTW- I moved the shirts I had shipped to the HP booth to the Debian
booth tonight. I will be in meetings until noon or so so I won't get
to the booth until 1pm or so. I talked to Adam about the shirt pricing
etc.

> As for sending them off to other shows, that's a good idea if there
> are any other upcoming North American shows coming up in the next 2-3
> months.  I don't see any on the events page, though.

I expect we're not going to sell all the shirts so I can take whatever
CDs we have left over and ship them to the next show with the shirts.

> Another possibility is to give extras to one or more Linux NY groups.
> They'll be at the show, too.  A lot of them do install fests and such.
> We'll talk on wednesday and figure it out.

Yeah that would be fine too. Hopefully these CDs will be made obsolete
soon... :) well I guess no Debian CD is ever obsolete if you have a
good net connection

> Despite our surfeit of 3.0 CDs, I'm a little worried that we have
> enough Sarge CDs.  I think I can burn about 50 more, mostly i386 and
> handful of PowerPC.  Hopefully some others are also able to burn some
> sarge netinst CDs?

IMHO if people burn anything at this point it should be a few of each
non-i386 arch.

Adam, Phil and I also talked about having a Debian dinner Wednesday
evening, and I expect we'll have dinner other nights too. So if anyone
is in the area, please join us. We'll probably just meet at the Debian
booth at closing time of the show floor.

See you there,

--
Matt Taggart
taggart@debian.org