Re: Linuxworld NY

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 05:30:55PM -0800, Matt Taggart wrote:
> I found out that Kinko's has vinyl banner stock that they can print on
> via their inkjet raster plotter. So you can do full color banners of up
> to 48" wide with 24 hour turn around. I was thinking that doing a
> 48"x48" banner of the logo would be cool(quote ~$100), but I ran out of
> time.  If someone else wants to do it that would be cool, otherwise we
> can consider doing it last minute in New York before the show.

I have time, and as an added bonus I'm already in NYC. Should it just be
the logo on a white background? (Sounds fine to me.) With the word
"debian" or without? (I think with.) Official or Open Use logo? (I've
got no preference on this.) If I do this I will need to get reimbursed,
because I am a student and I don't have lots of discretionary funds. I
assume that reimbursements for things like this are routine? Of course
the banner could go to other shows in the US once it's created. Let me
know how you all want the banner, and I'll bring it to the Javits Center
on the 21st.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org