[LT Infomail#7] Forum, Workshops, Beamer, Pro-Linux, Deliveries, Social Event - Debian
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Maik.Zumstrull@gmx.de, firstname.lastname@example.org, DanielKasten@web.de, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [LT Infomail#7] Forum, Workshops, Beamer, Pro-Linux, Deliveries, Social Event - Debian
- From: Martin Schulze <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 19:12:19 +0200 (CEST)
- Message-id: <20050606171219.A11E8366B82@luonnotar.infodrom.org>
[ available in a couple of hours ]
1. Forum and Workshops
For the first time we will have the chance to maintain a community
forum in the foyer of the conference building as well. This forum
is intended for a more general audience than the workshop rooms, so
more general talks could and should be given there. Since it is in
the exhibition area the forum is also easier to reach by the
There are still a few free slots both in the workshop schedule
as well as in the forum schedule which can be filled with
interesting talks or sessions (workshops, birds-of-a-feather
sessions, meetings etc.) for the workshop rooms.
2. Video Projector
Thanks to Carsten we now have one beamer (video projector) for the
workshop rooms. Since we need two and one more for the forum, I'm
still in need of two video projectors for the projects conference
schedule. For the remaining workshop room it would even be
sufficient if the beamer would only be available from Thursday to
Saturday. As usual, there's always a trusted and dedicated person
in the room who will look after the beamer so it isn't left alone.
3. Reports at Pro-Linux
Together with the German news site Pro-Linux we have agreed to
feature the LinuxTag before it actually starts in order to help
potential visitors get an idea of what they can expect at the show.
For this I need your input if you would like your project to be
featured there as well.
If you have interesting programs, tools, gadgets or else to
demonstrate at the booth and can write down a description, please
do so and write up an article in German (2-6 kB). Please send it to
me when you're done. I can glance over it before I forward it to
Pro-Linux. This is sortof urgent, since there are less than two
weeks left until I head down to LinuxTag. I won't have a stable
enough network connection in two weeks.
If you have a chance to place articles or announcements on other
places, please don't hesitate and announce your presence at
LinuxTag. The more people get attracted the better for us all and
you'll benefit from more interested visitors.
It is possible to send packaged stuff to LinuxTag independent of
your own arrival. However, the exhibition is large and even spread
into two buildings. If there's nobody knowing about the packages,
they cannot be taken care of properly. Please ensure that they will
not be delivered before Monday as nobody's there before.
Therefore, please only use the address given here and please
inform Joey about the deliveries you expect, so he can route them
to your booth, even if the address is mangled (common case).
Hence, please tell him who sends the packages, who should receive
the stuff and what kind of content is in. Joey will act as
dispatcher anyway, but can only accept and dispatch stuff properly
he knows about.
If you can add a contact person, add "Herr Schulze". If you can add
a phone number for the recipient, please add 0631-3109371, which
will be routed to the LinuxTag office in Karlsruhe and at least
partially to Joey's mobile phone.
5. Social Event Tickets
As you might have guessed already, the number of 150 pre-registered
sponsored (hence reduced fee) tickets for the social event has been
reached already. I am very sorry as it is not possible to extend
this number without a sponsor.
All of you who have signed up for the reduced tickets can fetch
them from Monday to Thursday in the exhibitors office above the
Gartenhalle, that's our regular office. We'll have a list of names
to know who should get sponsored tickets.
Normal tickets for the social event are only available at the info
desk in the foyer of the Gartenhalle near the entrance. Please keep
in mind that these two sets of tickets (sponsored and normal) are
not mixed up, so you can't get both at one location.
All the best and see you at LinuxTag,