Re: status update LT 2003 CD

Hi,

Stefan Gybas wrote:
> Sven Hoexter wrote:
>
> >As always please give me feedback and I'm still waiting that
> >somebody sends me a list of nice apt-get able backport archives
> >wich work without major problems for inclusion in our list.
>
> # OpenOffice.org
> deb http://ftp.freenet.de/pub/ftp.vpn-junkies.de/openoffice/ woody main
> contrib

be sure that you have no backport included which gets a
libfreetype6 >= 2.1.0 included. This would make OOo on woody uninstallable. This is
because 2.0.9 and 2.1.0 has subtile binary incompatibities, so
2.0.9-compiled apps (woody) does not work properly with 2.1.0..

> - Adrian also has a backport of OpenOffice.org in his contrib section.
>   I don't know the difference between his packages and the ones from
>   vpn-junkies.de.

Adrian IIRC compiles with g++ 3.2.3 which isn't in woody and I suppose
that gets a depends on the backports of libgcc1, libstdc++5 etc.

"Our" woody backport is compiled with g++ 3.0 in woody which is
fullfillable in plain woody.

There may be other differences, I do not know of them (and to be honest
I do not see the sense of Adrian making an extra backport at all)

Regards,

René
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73