Re: LinuxTag CDs - my opinion (as if anybody cares)

Michael Meskes wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 03:14:38AM +0200, Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> > 1. Which Debian version?
> > ------------------------
>
> Woody.
>
> > 2. How about a live file system?
> > --------------------------------
>
> Good idea IMO, but do we do this instead of installable package,
> additionally or on a seperate CD?

We *can* do this as well.  This is funded already!!!  All we have
to do is produce the CD.  Much of the required Know-How will come
from Klaus Knoppers' Knoppix.  Background: LinuxTag wants to have
a Debian-Knoppix.  Roland mentioned this some days ago.  Since
Knoppix uses a compressed fs on CD about 1.2gb of data can be
installed.  There's going to be a mailing list created soon where
this cd can/should be discussed/developed.

Regards,

	Joey

--
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee into theorems.