Re: LinuxTag CDs - my opinion (as if anybody cares)

Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> If we are building woody cds, we should use the same tools as we will
> use later when creating the release images. So we will have to go
> with debian-cd and extend it for our needs. From what Roland wrote
> it seems he wants to create the directory tree of the cd and do it
> all manually. I think we should make the whole beast scriptable so
> that whenever somebody needs to build custom cds he can base it on
> our work.

Sorry, you must have misunderstood me. I don't want to build the images
all by hand. In fact, that pandora doesn't have a mirror of main is
unfortunate. Maybe we find a better machine to build stuff on later.
Joey said we could use hydra-old (some Linuxtag machine) on which we'd
probably need a partial mirror for Debian-Knoppix anyway. Another point
is that current not all packages from woody are in the pool. Thus we'd
probably have a few package in the old dists/ structure which I actually
don't like too much. I don't know though if moving those package to
pools on our mirror would make sense (could probably be scripted pretty
easily).

Roland

--
Roland Bauerschmidt