Re: LinuxTag CDs - my opinion (as if anybody cares)

On Mon, Apr 30, 2001, Michael Meskes wrote:
>> 3. What packages to put on the CDs?
>> -----------------------------------

>> 1. KDE
>> 2. Gnome?? If we have KDE on it people will expect us to ship Gnome as
>>    well just to be fair :(

 Netscape?  Although it's non-free I think it is the most used app even
on a debian system, and it's hard to let them go without.
 Just my 0.02 EUR.

 You should also take a look at <http://people.debian.org/~apenwarr/popcon/>
and take that into account when choosing packages.  Although I wouldn't
rely too much on that list it's a good way to get an idea about what
packages might be useful.

 So long!
Alfie
--
Our policy is, when in doubt, do the right thing.
                -- Roy L. Ash, ex-president Litton Industries