Re: Debian and transparent Windows like ACLs on Samba

>> ext2/3/4/btr support the user_xattr mount option which allows user
>> extended attributes on the file system but unless you are using these to
>> store custom NFSv4 ACL attributes you probably just want the acl option
>> which enables POSIX ACLs
>
> I'm not sure Samba will use that. AFAIK, it won't, but I guess I could
> try it out.

On debian samba is compiled with acl support enabled by default (as long
as you are using a linux kernel)

So samba should detect that the share is on a filesystem mounted with
acl support and allow posix acls

Hopefully it will all "just work" :)

Cheers

Stephen