Stanford University's central IT strategy

Stanford University's central IT Services department has published our
yearly update to our technology strategy, and I thought folks here might
be interested in looking at some of it.  The root of the strategy
documents is:

    http://itservices.stanford.edu/strategy

Follow the Technology Strategy Documents link.  I personally wrote or
co-wrote the Authentication and Authorization documents under Identity and
Access Management and the AFS portions of the Networked Storage document
under Storage, but there's lots of other material here.  It provides a
good comprehensive picture of the sorts of technology issues that are of
interest to a research university.