Re: Enterprise and Debian Pure Blends

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 12:07:37PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> That's one thing that I'd like to see those of us on this mailing list
> tackle.  As I mentioned at DebConf, enterprises using Debian are in
> desperate need for good introductory packaging documentation as well, and
> unlike the documentation aimed at Debian that tries to be inclusive, would
> rather have documentation that states one and only one way to do things
> (with pointers if one really wants to learn more).  This seems like a
> niche that we could help fill.

There exists a Debian Med policy[1] and a draft Debian Science
policy[2].  Both are in SVN, are not perfect but might serve as an
example for a potential Debian Enterprise policy.  If we start to form
an Enterprise Blend team (for me the technical aspect of a Blend is only
one part - to organise a strong team is at least of the same importance)
there should be some kind of policy document.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

[1] http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html
[2] http://debian-science.alioth.debian.org/debian-science-policy.html