Re: Unmet dependencies problem in CrossToolchains

+++ Wookey [2015-01-16 19:18 +0000]:
> +++ Oleg Popkov [2015-01-15 23:16 +0100]:
> >    Hello all,
> >
> >    I tried to install crosstoolchain packages for arm and powerpc
> >    architectures on GNU/Linux 7.7 (wheezy) distro with kenel debian
> >    3.2.0.4-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 3.2.63-2+deb7u2 i686 GNU/Linux. Here is a
> >    list of command sequence I used, this manual I took from [1]here.
> >
> >    debootstrap sid sid
> >    chroot sid
> >    Added "deb [2]http://emdebian.org/tools/debian/ jessie main" in
> >    "/etc/apt/sources.list"

And if what you really wanted was sid, then you either install 'by
hand':
sudo apt-get install libc6-dev:powerpc linux-libc-dev:powerpc
sudo apt-get install gcc-powerpc-linux-gnu g++-powerpc-linux-gnu dpkg-cross

or you need to add experimental to make crossbuild-essential-powerpc
available, and there is some versionitis so you have to install
libc6-dev:powerpc linux-libc-dev:powerpc first.

chroot sid
Added deb
dpkg --add-architecture powerpc
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libc6-dev:powerpc linux-libc-dev:powerpc
sudo apt-get install crossbuild-essential-powerpc

Note that in this case emdebian.org is not needed, althoguh it does
have a nicer cross-pkg-config package so is worth adding:
deb http://emdebian.org/tools/debian/ unstable main

(you will also get a newer cross-binutils for the next few hours until
it gets uploaded to debian-proper)

http://wookware.org/