Re: [01/05] Embedded with systemd: systemd and SIL

On 17/11/2014 14:12, Jean-Christian de Rivaz wrote:
> Why did you think that localhost sockets activation is not
> deterministic ? When local process use localhost sockets, there is no
> transmission media with risk of packet loss, alteration, random
> latency, or reordering.

I was thinking more in the case where a service starts slow because a
packet on the network causes something else to start at the same time.

As you say, this shouldn't be a problem on localhost, and it seems
trivial to bind .socket units to localhost only. It also seems trivial
to disable socket activation entirely, so it looks like my fears were
unfounded.

Regards,