Re: Enquiry about building a new root file system

Hi,

Quoting David Lechner (2014-08-21 19:51:28)
> Also, you might check out josch's bootstrap.debian.net project[4].  I don't
> know anything about it, but it is designed for this sort of thing.

confusingly, the term "bootstrap" is used for different things here. In
"debootstrap" and "multistrap" it means to create a root file system from
existing binary packages. What bootstrap.debian.net analyzes is the problem to
*compile* all of Debian from nothing which is a very different problem. :)

cheers, josch