Re: Enquiry about building a new root file system

Le 21. 08. 14 09:42, Wookey a écrit :
This page gives details of different image creation tools where you
are generasting it for a different arch:
https://wiki.debian.org/EmDebian/CrossDebootstrap

I just tested the first method on that page (Multistrap) and I suspect that the information need an update, because Lenny source don't exists anymore and Grip is now a dead end according to the EmDebian front page. Generally, EmDebian is hard to follow because there is a lot of outdated information on the site and it's very difficult to sort between the obsolete/unusable and actual/tested information. I have read a lot of pages on the site and I am still lost on how is the best/recommended way to start a new cross embedded project based on Debian Jessie

A possible way to improve the situation could be to define a popular use case, for example creating a complete armhf image on a amd64 host mixing standard package from the distribution and local package from cross-building, and to maintain a tested tutorial on how to do this from a clean system.

Jean-Christian