Re: End of updates for Emdebian Grip

On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 16:43:18 +0200
Ermis Papastefanakis <ermisp@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> If i understand correctly the Emdebian projet will stop after Grip
> 3.1 (the equivalent of Debian Squeeze) is phased out?

The Emdebian project is wider than just Emdebian Grip but there's a
separate amount of work to get the other large section - toolchains -
integrated into Debian. Once that is complete, it will be interesting
to see what people want from Emdebian.

Emdebian Grip 3.1 is based on Wheezy, not squeeze.

http://emdebian.org/News/2013/20130615.html

Emdebian Grip 3.1 will not be worth keeping once Debian drops Wheezy
as oldstable. Wheezy is currently Debian stable - the Jessie freeze
starts in November this year, release at end of 2014 / beginning of 2015
- this is the point at which wheezy becomes old-stable. At some point in
probably 2016, Debian will drop wheezy from the mirrors in preparation
for the release freeze of Jessie+1 (to make room for Jessie to become
oldstable). By that time, I don't expect anyone to still be wanting Grip
3.1 or Wheezy.