Re: get a cross compiler sooner

+++ Jonas Smedegaard [2014-02-06 12:21 +0100]:
> Quoting Wookey (2014-02-06 00:21:10)
> > +++ Wookey [2014-02-04 17:18 +0000]:
> >> [...] I have made a package which built me something last night:
> >>
> >> https://alioth.debian.org/scm/?group_id=100609 now has a
> >> cross-binutils-0.1 package that makes armel and armhf crossbinutils
> >> for amd64 (we can expand those once it's working nicely)
>
> I.e. these URLs for VCS of the code:
>
> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=crosstoolchain/crosstoolchain.git
> git://git.debian.org/git/crosstoolchain/crosstoolchain
> git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/crosstoolchain/crosstoolchain
>
> (right, those URLs differ from the ones advertised by Alioth - because
> of flaws/limitations in FusionForge, I believe.  I have taken the
> liberty to update the URLs in the packaging code as well)

Right some idiocy with frames in fusionforge seems to stop the browser showing useful
URLs. I wasn't sure what to do about that. Thanks for fixing it up.

BTW do we know a way to have more than one git repo in an alioth project
It would make a lot more sense to have separate repos for the various
packages: cross-binutils, cross-gcc, cross-support rather than the one
'crosstoolchain' which currently continas them all.

But I only see a link for 'create a personal repo', not for 'add a
project repo'. Where does one ask alioth-admin questions?

> >> And someone with better make foo than me could make a generic rule
> >> for the various arch targets rather than lots of copies (OK for 2,
> >> annoying for 9)
> >
> > OK. I worked this out. It's quite pleasing now.
>
> Just "pleasing"?  You gotta be british or something: It is damn neat!

Right. It actually got neater overall once I had defined a pattern rule
as then I could use $* (stem) and a nice stamp-name, whereas before I had to
use a truncated stamp name and $(@F) (part after directory slash).

I've started a cross-gcc package too with similar structure which
currently isn't building due to not looking in right host-arch dir to
find bits/predefs.h. sigh.

http://wookware.org/