Re: get a cross compiler sooner

Quoting Wookey (2014-02-06 00:21:10)
> +++ Wookey [2014-02-04 17:18 +0000]:
>> [...] I have made a package which built me something last night:
>>
>> https://alioth.debian.org/scm/?group_id=100609 now has a
>> cross-binutils-0.1 package that makes armel and armhf crossbinutils
>> for amd64 (we can expand those once it's working nicely)

I.e. these URLs for VCS of the code:

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=crosstoolchain/crosstoolchain.git
git://git.debian.org/git/crosstoolchain/crosstoolchain
git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/crosstoolchain/crosstoolchain

(right, those URLs differ from the ones advertised by Alioth - because
of flaws/limitations in FusionForge, I believe.  I have taken the
liberty to update the URLs in the packaging code as well)

> This is now updated to produce binutils-<triplet> packages targetting
> armel, armhf, arm64, powerpc, mips mipsel, i386, amd64
> on
> amd64 and i386
>
> Do people think we should be building those on more architectures or
> for more architectures?

Those cover plenty my needs, at least. :-)

>> And someone with better make foo than me could make a generic rule
>> for the various arch targets rather than lots of copies (OK for 2,
>> annoying for 9)
>
> OK. I worked this out. It's quite pleasing now.

Just "pleasing"?  You gotta be british or something: It is damn neat!

 - Jonas