Re: PXE Booting Grip

On Fri, 25 Oct 2013 18:29:47 +0100
Dan Hawker <danhawker@googlemail.com> wrote:

> device is) and quicker because I presumed grip would not have the same
> level of extraneous guff installed by default, rather than that grip

Whatever you can achieve in terms of fewer packages installed by using
Grip can also be achieved identically in Debian by careful use of
--no-install-recommends and careful selection of Priority: important
packages. None of the dependency chains are modified in Grip. Grip does
unset the Essential: yes flag which can help with very small installs
but those would not involve an X environment.