Re: Is anyone successfully using pdebuild-cross on Debian?

On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 01:29:37 +0200
Paul Boddie <paul@boddie.org.uk> wrote:

> If I try and keep things simple and use Squeeze to run
> pdebuild-cross-create and pdebuild-cross, I can get a working chroot
> but building a package gives me the following error:

Your build instructions are out of date. You need xapt instead of
apt-cross on Squeeze. embuilddeps is still available.

> https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/DevPlatform/CrossCompile/UsingPdebuildCross

Use the instructions there for making a permanent change inside the
chroot to install xapt whihch is available in squeeze.

http://packages.qa.debian.org/e/emdebian-crush.html

You could also temporarily enable squeeze-backports and install that
version of xapt, then remove the backport source.

> Configuring the /usr/share/multistrap/crosschroot.conf to use Wheezy
> in the Debian section and then attempting to pdebuild-cross a Wheezy
> package (in a Wheezy system) ends with errors like this:

Existing pdebuild-cross chroots are fine but installing toolchains is
not working for Wheezy or later currently.

Work is ongoing on the toolchains, pdebuild-cross is a victim of those
problems and creating new chroots will remain difficult until the
toolchains are installable.