Is anyone successfully using pdebuild-cross on Debian?

Hello,

I've been trying to set up a working pdebuild-cross environment on Debian, and
it appears to be impossible for me at the moment. First of all, it appears
that the only usable toolchain is that provided for Squeeze due to dependency
issues with packages such as libgmp3c2 in the Wheezy toolchain packages.

If I try and keep things simple and use Squeeze to run pdebuild-cross-create
and pdebuild-cross, I can get a working chroot but building a package gives me
the following error:

"""
Package apt-cross is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source

E: Package 'apt-cross' has no installation candidate
"""

I've been following these instructions:

https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/DevPlatform/CrossCompile/UsingPdebuildCross

Configuring the /usr/share/multistrap/crosschroot.conf to use Wheezy in the
Debian section and then attempting to pdebuild-cross a Wheezy package (in a
Wheezy system) ends with errors like this:

"""
Package libc6-dev is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
"""

Is there any obvious way of using Squeeze toolchains with Wheezy packages that
I haven't noticed?

Paul