Re: Non-HF binaries in some Grip ARMHF debs

+++ Paul Whittaker [2013-06-14 18:41 +1000]:
> On 14/06/2013 5:52 PM, Neil Williams wrote:
> >The 'file' utility does not discriminate between armel and armhf
> >binaries (and therefore neither does lintian, yet). readelf does but
> >readelf does not agree with your analysis:
> >[snip]
> >
> >It is possible that individual packages have been retained from the
> >time when armhf was only available via ports

> You are correct Neil, they are ARMHF binaries.  My apologies for
> jumping to conclusions.
>
> However, there is something different about them that is preventing
> them from running on both wheezy-grip ARMHF and standard Wheezy
> ARMHF (both platforms that I tried).
>
> It's the runtime linker name.  They're expecting /lib/ld-linux.so.3
> instead of /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3,

OK. That is indeed packages left over from when armhf was started in
'ports'. The linker path was changed later to align with other
distros. Looks like some packages managed to avoid being rebuilt.

binNMUs should fix that. (can we do grip-only binNMUs Neil? I really
should get up to date with how the mechanics on all this work these
days).

http://wookware.org/