Re: Cross compilers for wheezy (bare and libc)

Hi,

2012/5/18 Keith Packard <keithp@keithp.com>:

> I've been using pdclib for my tiny ARM systems; uclibc is a linux C
> library, and even newlib requires significant underlying support (it
> requires malloc, for instance). It's a lot more like the C library
> provided with sdcc or avr-libc.
>
> So, any compiler package will need to allow for a variety of C
> libraries at the very least.

SAT links against newlib afaics, how do you mangle the library, just
overwrite newlib with pdclib or do you patch SAT build system or do
you patch GCC spec file? Also another question arises and where should
the libraries be best placed in the system?

>>   The idea would be to include this package in the upcoming Wheezy
>> release (if we dont miss the freeze deadline).
>
> That would be great, of course, but doesn't leave a lot of time.

I guess binutils-cross should be possible to upload ASAP, that might help.

Regards,
--