Re: early release of wrtng

On Lun 25 Jul 2011 08:22:13 Geert Stappers escribió:
> Hello,
>
> I want to share with all of you  wrtng,
> at least the idea of WRT New Glue.
>
> wrtng is my attempt to combine OpenWRT and Debian.
>
> What I want is running Debian on a low power device designed for always-on
> like a wireless router, that is where OpenWRT comes in.
>
> OpenWRT is used at hardware level. Minimal patch to OpenWRT will be
> telling the kernel to use rootfs at /dev/sda1 ( not in initrd )
>
> /dev/sda1 is the first partition on the first USB storage device.
> That means wrtng requires a OpenWRT capable device with USB port(s)
>
> The root filesystem is from Debian with addition of hardware specific
> programs like network switches and WIFI setup.
>

> wrtng is one program that does several tasks, like aptitude, apt-get
> and etckeeper. It's subcommands are  init , modify , harvest & finish
>
> Stage `wrtng finish` is like "polystrap"
>

> wrtng is work in progress and now has an early release by this message
>
>   git clone http://jo.stappers.nl/er/wrtng

Hi Geert!

First of all, there's a typo in the last line of debian/changelog,
s/capebele/capable

Now, some questions.

- The idea of wrtng is to run once you have built OpenWRT?
- What are the differences between wrtng and debwrt? (apart from using
multistrap)
- Is there some doc on how to use this tool?

Kinds regards, Lisandro.

--
For want of a nail, the shoe was lost;
For want of the shoe, the horse was lost;

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/