Re: Debian Social Contract

On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 01:42:10 +0100
Wookey <wookey@wookware.org> wrote:

> > I do not want to be distracted into making large scale changes to
> > multistrap just when it would be most beneficial to Emdebian to be
> > working on the technical challenges of migrating the infrastructure of
> > the actual package processing.
>
> Neil - you worry about the emdebian grip integration stuff, and I'll
> worry about these minor doc and config fixes in multistrap. How about
> that?

Actually, far more useful than doc tweaks would be two important
uploads which you are quite well placed to make:

0: As requested previously, *please* sort out the versions of
multistrap and emdebian-crush (for xapt) in Ubuntu so that the next
versions can migrate automatically.

1: It would be extremely useful to have a backport of the current
versions of emdebian-crush and multistrap to Squeeze. I don't see much
point backporting dpkg-cross because the backport is going to have to
undo the change to the dependency on binutils-multiarch and then
unpick of some of the MultiArch-aware behaviour. Now would be a good
time to backport multistrap and emdebian-crush - before more changes are
added to multistrap and xapt to cope with MultiArch being only
half-implemented. I always wanted to only backport if I had had a call
for updated translations for all the packages concerned but that isn't
going to be possible because the MultiArch transition has already
started. I've run out of time.