Re: foreign rootfs without root priviliges with multistrap, fakeroot, fakechroot and qemu user emulation

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 11:50:23PM +0200, Bjørn Forsman wrote:
> + fakechroot chroot debian-sid-armel debconf-set-selections /tmp/debconfseed.txt
> /lib/ld-linux.so.3: No such file or directory
>
> Any idea what's wrong and how to fix it? What distro and version do
> you run it on?
I'm running it in a debian sid chroot on amd64.

Your problem is just as it says: you dont have /lib/ld-linux.so.3 :)

Indeed what you are missing is a collection of foreign shared libraries
in /etc/qemu-binfmt/arm/

I use the attached multistrap config to create a directory tree that I
can put there and that will let me execute dynamically compiled armel
binaries.

cheers, josch
[General]
arch=
directory=
cleanup=true
unpack=true
noauth=true
aptsources=Debian
bootstrap=Debian
allowrecommends=false
addimportant=false
omitrequired=true

[Debian]
packages=libc6 libselinux1 libacl1 man-db libstdc++6
source=http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian
suite=sid
omitdebsrc=true