Re: Areas of Emdebian to integrate into Debian

Hi,

2011/4/3 Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com>:

> Hector Oron wrote:

>> But who does the work in mainline, synced with merge windows, does it
>> automagically happen?

> Isn't the usual process that the patches somehow get to Russell King
> and he does that part?

A far as I understand it and I am not in deep knowledge, there are
platform maintainers, i.e. Sasha maintains imx tree, Ben used to
maintain samsung tree, Lennert used to maintain lots of platforms,
Tony maintains omap tree, and so on.... all of them prepare git
branches which Russell King pulls and makes sure are fine for Linus
final pull/merge. All those people review others patchsets submitted
in time.

http://lxr.linux.no/linux+v2.6.38/MAINTAINERS
http://lxr.linux.no/linux+v2.6.38/scripts/get_maintainer.pl

--