Re: Areas of Emdebian to integrate into Debian

Hi,

2011/4/3 Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org>:
> What do embedded people want to change in Debian and how does Emdebian
> need to change Debian to make this work?

> What else?

 * Changes to Debian build tools (pbuilder, sbuild, piuparts, etc..)
to support all of the items in your list.

 * Add a field which allows a package to be cross buildable (that
might be delayed until we gain support for all that in Debian)

 * Regarding kernels...
    We could easily setup an autobuilder which cross compiles kernels
and place the packages into emdebian.org repository, but we need to
agree what we want to support, probably a cross built version of
Debian kernel package with extra configs they do not enable? Do we
want to build out of mainline kernels? Should we provide security
fixes on those out of mainline tree kernels? Or should we just build
kernel versions which are marked as long term support (2..6.32,2.6.37)
and/or long term support for embedded (2.6.35)?

Best regards,
--

-- Day DVB-T stop working nicely
Video flare: http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap100510.html