Re: Customizeable Grip distro

On Sun, 12 Sep 2010 13:04:23 +0400
Sergei Poselenov <sposelenov@emcraft.com> wrote:

> - There is no .iso images for Grip. To create a target rootfs with
> Grip "Squeeze" powerpc, I have to "debootstrap --arch=powerpc

Don't use debootstrap for Emdebian - always use multistrap.

multistrap -a powerpc -f /usr/share/multistrap/squeeze.conf

http://www.emdebian.org/multistrap/

> - How could I add a set of prebuilt packages from the main Debian
> distro and get it "gripped" in automated way?

apt-grip or use the scripts in the emdebian-grip-server package.

> Should I to use apt-grip and create/maintain my own Emdebian grip
> repo, using the emdebian-grip-server, like it is suggested here
> http://wiki.debian.org/EmdebianGripGuide?

Yes.

> (However, apt-grip "...needs to be run on a machine of the same
> architecture as the device" - this is too strict, I'm afraid this
> won't work for me...)

It works best in that way but it can work for a foreign architecture -
the problem is that apt cannot then decide which packages have already
been installed and therefore processes every dependency, all the way
down to libc6.

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/