Re: Emdebian cross toolchain? (Was:Re: Re: Emdebian native build on PPC?)

Hello Sergei,

> What is the current state of the toolchain, build process of which is
> described here http://www.emdebian.org/tools/crossdev.html?

We are working on the cross toolchains to have a complete release for Squeeze.
Status is at: http://emdebian.org/debian/ (Package status)

http://wiki.debian.org/EmdebianToolchain is more up to date.

> If they are Crush-related, I guess they are not in a good shape for
> PowerPC target, right? Do the procedure here (and the "buildcross"
> script) work for PowerPC?

They build fine, and PowerPC should be fine, let me know if you got
any problems.
For building from source, you can either follow:
http://wiki.debian.org/EmdebianToolchain#Buildyourownfromsources
or use buildcross which now lives at (or in `experimental' Debian suite)
http://buildd.emdebian.org/svn/browser/current/host/trunk/buildcross/trunk
work is in progress.

> What are the versions of GCC and binutils used for cross-toolchain?

Same ones as in Debian native toolchains, while sometimes go behind or
forward. So, binutils-2.20, gcc-4.4, gcc-4.3 are available. You could
attempt to build gcc-4.5 and binutils-2.20.51  from experimental.

Best regards,
--
 Héctor Orón

-- Day DVB-T stop working nicely