Re: Emdebian native build on PPC?

On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 16:40:04 +0400
Sergei Poselenov <sposelenov@emcraft.com> wrote:

> Yes, this is what I meant we are going to do. If Debian includes Xorg support
> or some other big staff which we doesn't need, then the Emdebian packages
> will have the same binary dependencies, right?

Correct.

Emdebian doesn't include all 29,000 binary packages but I do try and
ensure that the dependencies within Grip are available - albeit
sometimes in a different component. e.g. to build stuff on Grip, you
will need the dev component:

deb http://www.emdebian.org/grip unstable main dev

> How can see the listing and dependencies of the Emdebian packages for PowerPC?

Except in some rare-ish (but predictable) cases, the dependencies are
the same across architectures.

> Like I said above, we probably will need to make configuration changes to
> reduce a package size, so the entrie distribution would not be very fat
> to be used on emdedded system.

Which packages? Try Grip first and see. I've certainly got
installations of Grip with Xorg within ~300Mb.

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/