Latest Squeeze version of apt seems to cause some GPG problems with multistrap

I just updated my Squeeze development environment and now I'm having some issues with GPG when using multistrap.  It seems that GPG cannot verify the packages due to the following error:

W: GPG error: http://ftp.debian.org squeeze Release: Unable to read /opt/multistrap/squeeze-ilom/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/ - opendir (2: No such file or directory)

So I added the missing directory in the multistrap target tree and then I got this error

root@squeeze2:/opt/multistrap/squeeze-ilom/etc/apt# mkdir trusted.gpg.d

W: GPG error: http://ftp.debian.org squeeze Release: No keyring installed in /opt/multistrap/squeeze-ilom/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/.

So I copied my development system /etc/apt/trusted.gpg file over to the etc/apt directory into the target multistrap tree

root@squeeze2:/opt/multistrap/squeeze-ilom/etc/apt# cp /etc/apt/trusted.gpg .

This fixed the problem, and multistrap ran to completion.

I don't see an update to multistrap in unstable.  Is the new apt expecting a directory that multistrap is not creating?  Was multistrap not installing the build system's keyring file until after the package download, and so needs to do it sooner to appease the new apt?  Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

-Jim Heck