Re: Two wishlist patches submitted to allow static build of binutils and gcc

Out of curiosity, are you just interested on armel architecture? Other
architectures need more love at the moment.

Hector,

Besides armel, I also have an interest in the SH architecture, but I'm not sure how deep that will run. I have evaluated it for a potential use, but have still not yet committed to it.

The scary (to me) part for that architecture is that it won't be included as an officially supported architecture for Squeeze, so using it will be like trying to hit a moving target as its architecture buildserver continues on building 'unstable' beyond Squeeze release without stopping. That will make supporting even an "internal" distribution mirror difficult at best. I have plans to try to create a repo snapshot of that architecture distro around the time that Squeeze releases, if I can find time to set it all up.

-Jim