Re: essential packages in Emdebian

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 22:51, Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:
Be specific - which package was not working and which package was
missing?

I had little problems with rsync, later I found out that it needs one of apt-utils or util-linux - not sure anymore
And I had massive problems with getty, which cost me more than a day. It depends from "login" which was installed in a wrong version or with wrong configuration. After reinstalling "login" also "getty" works fine..

In my case I reinstall a small ARM9 controller delivered without a distribution (the vendor basically delivers a kernel with some files, no package manager) So I put Emdebian over the already existing files and now being able to easily install Apache, mySQL, PHP and all the things I need...

... at the end I'm very happy with Emdebian, it is a very small and stable Distribution, saving me weeks of trouble compiling the sources. Perfect for my case :-)