Re: No installer menu, so cannot select preconfiguration file

On 8 September 2010 14:14, Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:
> Emdebian uses a version suffix (em1 for Grip, Crush used to use em1,
> em2, em3 and so on for rebuilds) and therefore an Emdebian version is
> always treated as newer than the equivalent (and binary compatible)
> Debian version, until the next Debian version arrives. There is a gap
> (up to 24hrs normally) where it would be possible to install the newest
> of new packages from Debian, if you also added a Debian apt source.

Good to know. Is it a bad idea to have both enabled to get packages
not in Emdebian? For example, I intend to manually configure a dynamic
swapfile for my system (since HD space < 2 * RAM ...), and I think
dphys-swapfile is the package to use for that.

- Jason