Re: No installer menu, so cannot select preconfiguration file

On Wed, 8 Sep 2010 11:39:25 +0800
Jason Heeris <jason.heeris@gmail.com> wrote:

> Using the zcat method seems to work, for now, although it refuses to
> proceed after failing to get DHCP info (even if I cancel it, just an
> empty blue screen). I won't retype a screenful of trace info, but the
> first line is
>
> WARNING: at arch/x86/kernel/pci-dma.c:488 dma_free_coherent+0x42/0xa4
> ()

You may need to have some non-free firmware available for the card.

> One question... If there is a package in squeeze and in emdebian of
> the same source version, and I switch apt archives, will the emdebian
> one be preferred?

Yes, always.

Emdebian uses a version suffix (em1 for Grip, Crush used to use em1,
em2, em3 and so on for rebuilds) and therefore an Emdebian version is
always treated as newer than the equivalent (and binary compatible)
Debian version, until the next Debian version arrives. There is a gap
(up to 24hrs normally) where it would be possible to install the newest
of new packages from Debian, if you also added a Debian apt source.

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/