Re: Emdebian native build on PPC?

On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 14:39:31 +0400
Sergei Poselenov <sposelenov@emcraft.com> wrote:

> Ah, I see now. Grip just repackages, not rebuilds with reduced configuraton.

Correct.

> Yes, we are planning to use coreutils and perl, but we don't want
> full-size packages configurations - with Xorg libraries, for example.
> I guess, Grip (being the only repack of Debian packages) will still have
> this "fat" configuration.

Relatively fat in terms of the number of packages installed and the
fact that the Debian dependencies (i.e. things like coreutils and perl)
remain intact. However, the packages themselves are a lot smaller.

> BTW, how can I get a list of Debian (Grip, Crush) packages for PPC?

There are only Grip packages for PPC.

> I see they seems to be here http://www.emdebian.org/grip/search.php, but
> hidden under sections, and only "armel" are available.

That's just a default in the sections listing. Any package available
for armel will be available for all other architectures. As for an
actual list, see:
http://www.emdebian.org/grip/dists/unstable/main/binary-powerpc/

There are also dev/, debug/, doc/ and java/ components. Unlike Debian,
we split packages into more components based on the kind of
binary package concerned with the source remaining in 'main'.

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/