Re: Emdebian in commercial products

Hello,

2010/4/12 Wookey <wookey@wookware.org>:
> +++ Tom Parkin [2010-04-11 11:43 +0100]:
>> On 8 April 2010 04:34, Wookey <wookey@wookware.org> wrote:
>> > So far as I know the first commercially-released emdebian product was
>> > TobyChurchill's SL40 lightwriter:
>> > http://www.toby-churchill.com/en/content/lightwriters-0
>> > which has grip inside it. (earlier models used Familiar).
>> >

>> Thanks for the link, that's exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for.
>
> No-one prepared to admit to any others?

* Marco Amadori (CC:) uses emdebian/mipsel (crush) on some set top
boxes for distributing multimedia streams on a hotel. IIRC
http://www.vdavda.com/

* BusError was trying to push emdebian at his work, not sure which
place is that one, but blog is
http://bliterness.blogspot.com/2009/03/emdebian-grip-on-mini2440.html

* Digi International, posted to this list their intention to use
emdebian (not sure which is status)
http://lists.debian.org/debian-embedded/2010/02/msg00034.html

* There is some HoneyWell department also using emdebian
> We (a division of Honeywell International)are designing a small ARM based board for data acquisition. It uses the Atmel 9260 ARM processors and a FPGA to do the actual (real time) data collection.

* mid-linux.org seems to be based on emdebian (but violating GPL)
http://lists.gpl-violations.org/pipermail/legal/2010-March/001942.html

I am sure there are more cases out there, those are the ones I have a
slightly evidence. I hope it helps on your research and I also hope to
be able to read it someday, once it is finished. If you also need a
review I am positive, some of the emdebian guys would love to review
it.

Have a nice day!
--
 Héctor Orón