Re: RSS packaging feeds?

Good evening Neil,

Am 2009-01-28 17:03:01, schrieb Neil Williams:
> Hmm, yes please.

OK I started...

> For Crush, all the data you should need (apart from the Packages file
> itself) is in the build log:
> http://www.emdebian.org/buildd/a/apt/trunk/apt-arm-1233120802.log

OK downloaded... and looking into...

> The parsing code (in PHP) is in the emdebian-tools package:
> emdebian-qa: /usr/share/emdebian-tools/buildd.php

OK

> (The idea is that every process reporting on Crush uses solely the
> build logs.) The .changes file itself is duplicated into the build log.
>
> For Grip, there are update logs too but those aren't so easy to parse.
> http://www.emdebian.org/grip/logs/1233154801.log

This seems heavy...

> Again, parsing code is in PHP:
> emdebian-grip-server: /usr/share/emdebian-tools/logs.php

Where can I get this file?  I was seraching the mirrors but have nothing
found...  Where ist the "emdebian-grip-server" package?

> As for the amount of content, personally, I really don't like RSS feeds
> that are overly brief but a including more than a third of the build
> log is probably a bit much! :-)

I would not even include 1% of it...

> If there are markers or tags that you would like within future build
> logs, I can add those but all build logs are ASCII text so there is a
> limited scope for unique tags. (Report bugs against emdebian-tools for
> that support.)
>
> Don't forget to use Debian::Packages::Compare if that is useful too -
> and file bugs if things don't work.
>
> All that data is permanently available online so it should be possible
> to create the feed locally and then work out a way of implementing it
> on the Emdebian website later. (PHP is relatively simple to insert,
> perl is the simplest to add to the emdebian-grip-server package
> if that is worth doing, I think someone will be able to add a python
> version if necessary.)
>
> The website content is in Emdebian SVN:
> http://buildd.emdebian.org/svn/browser/current/website/trunk/
>
> Thanks for looking into this.

Now I have to code a little bit faster then I want, but ...  ;-)

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

<http://www.tamay-dogan.net/>               <http://www.can4linux.org/>
+49/177/9351947    50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
+33/6/61925193     67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)