strang problem about printf

Hi All,
i have an ARM9 board, i was successful to ship it with Linux Kernel 2.6.29.5 & debian 5 distribution.
i have a large c code application that run on my board, there are multiple lines of codes that contain printf function.

when i run my application on the board, it seems that my code gets into infinite loop or hangs & there are no printfs are out on the serial terminal (minicom) but fortunately, when i press any key of my keyboard, the printfs are coming out.

i dont know what could be the cause of the problem, do u?
i am using arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc version 4.3.3  from codesourcery to build my application, with it supporting
i have used arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc version 4.3.2 to build my kernel

thanks,
Wael